parking guidelines : on the street
What is the difference between a drop-off and a stopover?
A drop-off is when you end your trip inside the Zipcar zone using the app or your Zipcard.
- ensure you are in the zipcar zone.
- make sure you are in a blue, green, or grey zone that have been determined by the communes.
- don't panic! blue, green and grey zones cover most of the territory of the 19 communes in the zipcar zone.
- do not end your trip in a red or orange zone.
A stopover is when you want to park the car but you don't want to end your trip. Therefore you will use the key to lock/unlock the doors of your car.
- you can make stopovers anywhere you want, just remember that outside the zipcar zone your parking charges won't be taken care of and you will be responsible for these as if it was your own car.
- you can park for free in all the blue, green and grey zones in Brussels.
- you can park in the red and orange zones but you will need to pay at the parking meter.
Pick up or drop off your Zipcar at 9 Interparkings
You have free access to 9 Interparkings where dedicated parking spaces are reserved.
- Interparking des Deux Portes - Boulevard de Waterloo 2a, 1000 Bruxelles
- Interparking Stephanie-Louise (Wiltchers) - Avenue Louise 83 A, 1050 Ixelles
- Interparking Ecuyer - Rue de l’Ecuyer, 11 - 17, 1000 Bruxelles
- Interparking Rogier - Place Charles Rogier, 1000 Bruxelles
- Interparking Monnaie - Place de la Monnaie 25, 1000 Bruxelles
- Interparking Botanique Saint-Jean - Boulevard du Jardin Botanique, 29/31, 1000 Bruxelles
- Interparking Grand-Place – Boulevard de l’Impératrice 54, 1000 Bruxelles
- Interparking Loi - Rue de la Loi 19, 1040 Etterbeek
- Interparking Woluwé Shopping - Boulevard de la Woluwe 70, 1200 Bruxelles
How to drop off a Zipcar?
- Remember to only park your Zipcar in one of these Interparkings: Deux Portes, Stephanie-Louise, Ecuyer, Rogier, Monnaie, Botanique/Saint-Jean, Grand-Place, Loi, Woluwé Shopping. Those are directly visible on the app map.
- Enter the parking with the P-Card situated in the glove box and find the reserved, yellow “Car Sharing” parking spaces, indicated with this sign:
How to pick up a Zipcar?
- Bring your Zipcard with you to open the car in case you have limited mobile network.
- To exit the parking, take the P-Card situated in the glove box. Use it at the gate when driving out. Make sure to put it back in its position before ending your trip.
good to know : parking zones in Brussels
Unauthorised parking across Brussels
in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises (tickets, fines or even car being towed), please do not drop-off your zipcar in any of the following zones
guidelines to dropping off and stopovers
how do I know what zone I'm in?
one way to help you identify the colour of the zone you are in is to use the street signage in Brussels.
you can also use parking meters to identify when you are in a red or orange zone. The parking meters will display their colour on the exterior if red/orange. Meters for other zones can be identified by the text at the top of the instructions on the meter as per the examples below.